Last updated: March 21, 2014
We respect the privacy of our visitors and are committed to preserving your online safety by ensuring that privacy is protected every time you visit or communicate with our site. All personally identifiable information is kept secure and stored in our files in France.
When subscribing to our panel, some personal data is collected and processed. For the first step of your registration, we ask for your:
- first name,
- last name,
- date of birth,
We will also ask you some general questions about your household, finances and level of education.
After you have finished registering, we ask you to fill in more specific details about your lifestyle in the Thematic Profile section. Themes include Automotive, Banking, Health and Hobbies. Questions asked are such things as, whether or not you own a car and how often you travel outside the country. We use this information to construct your profile and determine which surveys you qualify for.
All of the personal information and survey answers given to Hiving by it's Members will be treated completely anonymously, they are encrypted on our databases and are not accessible to our personnel.
If you contact our Consumer Panel, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We also collect information when you provide feedback, write to our message boards or Website and in completing any of our paid online surveys.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes (log file data and password). We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Website, for example when you are prompted to log-in. Cookies are used to avoid you having to enter your login information many times in one day.
- A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your web browser's help file. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable or confidential information.
- Hiving automatically receives and records information from your computer software and hardware, including your IP address, browser type or operating system. We do this only to avoid you filling out the same survey several times.
- We may provide links to a variety of other sites and we may display advertisements from third parties on our Website. Hiving does not control the dissemination of third party cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of these websites and third party advertisers.
The following list explains how we might use your data. It will be used to:
- Send you - by email, mobile phone or in your Member's Area - invitations to take part in paid online surveys that we use for statistical research purposes.
- Send you email notifications and updates about your rewards or payments.
- Keep you informed and communicate with you about our new Canada Consumer Panel activities, improvements or changes we decide to make.
- Maintain an accurate member database in order to send you surveys that are relevant to your profile.
- Analyse the survey answers and produce anonymous and statistical results. Your individual responses could be transferred to our client but only for research purposes and specific surveys (i.e. Home Product Testing). So, except with your explicit permission, we will never reveal who you are to our clients.
- Provide a snapshot of our Canada Consumer Panel’s profile attributes (based on the information submitted by our members in the registration form) to market research companies, potential partners or advertisers. All information shared with a third party is purely statistical.
Your personal information is protected by password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Furthermore, you should always remember to disconnect from your Member's Area and close the window after your session, particularly if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or internet cafe.
Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, we cannot make absolute guarantees over the security of the information you provide on the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it. Once we receive your transmission, we do our best to ensure its security on our systems.
You may access your Member's Area at any time by using your email/username and password. If you have forgotten your password, please click
You can delete your Member Account at any time by visiting the "Services" section in your Account Settings.
Hiving reserves the right to terminate any Member's Account and block access if one of the obligations under our Terms and Conditions has been breached. This can be done without notifying the Member in question.Note:
- Hiving may disclose information if we believe that disclosure will be useful to identify, communicate or sue members who have breached our Terms and Conditions and/or caused harm or damage to our Canada Consumer panel.
- Even if your account is deleted, Hiving keeps on record some data like your email correspondence with our Canada Consumer Panel support team, message boards entries on our Website or your anonymous responses from completed surveys.
for more details.
Or write to:
3 Cité Rougemont
New to Hiving? Sign Up Already a Member? Log In